THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Home after a Wonderful Trip!

So we just got back a few nights ago from visiting my family in NJ. It was a blast and it is always hard saying goodbye and coming back home. We got there on a Wed and had a few days to just relax and hang out, and then Saturday there was a baby shower at my house and I had so many people attend! I feel so blessed to have such great family and friends to help share this joyous time with us. So while I was at the shower, Zack went with the guys to see the movie planet of the apes. He had a good time just hanging out with them and then he came home and got to see all the great things we got. We got some of the cutest outfits, and some gift cards, which is handy because we had to haul it all back. Anyways, after I showed Zack how stylish and precious his daughter was going to be, we went to sleep and then woke up and took a trip to Atlantic City! That is where we were most of the week. We stayed at a hotel on the boardwalk and pretty much woke up, went to the beach for a few hours, came back and showered and got ready, and walked the boardwalk and had dinner. It was so much fun, and Zack had a great time in the waves this year. It was pretty rough, probably because of the storm down in Florida, so I had to stay out a little more then I would have liked which is kind of boring, however I had a lot of fun watching Zack in the waves. He also became a master at boogie boarding and it was more entertaining to watch him more then anything. We got some great sun, and it was a nice vacation. Thanks mom and dad for the fun week! We then drove back to the house, got some laundry done, and had a flight the next day. It was a little stressful because we were so tired but all worth it. It was then time to come back to reality. I had a doctors appointment right when I came back which is always nice to look forward to. She is growing well, and I only have about 3 months left. It is a little scary, but super exciting, and we are ready to get the room ready for her arrival.

The doctor gave me an update about her kidneys and I have been a little overwhelmed today. I just feel like I cant catch a break! The one kidney is back to normal which is wonderful, but the other one isnt. And not only that, but it actually got a little worse. So I am a little distraught today and the doctor is sending me to a high risk obgyn for further testing basically. So they called me and I have an appointment next week. I am hoping that it resolves itself, but if not, well, I am not even sure what will happen if not. But of course I have been doing a lot of praying, and we will keep doing so.

Other then that, everything is going good. Zack had to get back to work and he also starts school next week. It is a little hectic, and then I start a few weeks later.

I want to go back on vacation. :)
but dont we all just want to be on vacation all of the time.

2 comments:

Justin and Carissa said...

So glad your trip was fun. I love family vacations. I didn't know that you were having problems with the baby's kidneys. Hopefully at your appointment next week you can get some more information and all will go well. We will keep you in our prayers.

Zachary and Rachel Toomey said...

Thank you! I thought that I posted it before but looking back I didnt. It is called Mild Pyelectasis and I have been under a lot of stress. They found it in both kidneys at 20 weeks, and today at a little over 25 weeks one is better but the other has gotten worse. I am a little sad but prayer has been on my side. Hopefully this next doctor will have some more answers for me and keep my mind at ease.